Druids Down Under
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am no longer on Facebook.

Go down

I am no longer on Facebook. Empty I am no longer on Facebook.

Post  Feathers Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:28 pm

Well, this room hasn't seen much love, has it? Lol!

I just wanted to pop in to announce that I am no longer on Facebook, You would have maybe seen me on there as Tanya Dwyer so this will be the only way I will now have to keep in contact with you all.
I always said, long ago (to my list of friends on FB) that if Facebook ever inflicted Timeline on me, I was leaving. Recently, they did...so I did.
Bit of a royal pain in the arse, as it was damn useful, (and dare I say....addictive?) but Facebook was changing too many privacy settings to suit themselves and giving the user less and less say and choices. It started off as a good idea, but it is becoming quite evil in it's all-encompassing power over the people. Just think how much you and everyone else you know rely on it. To my mind, that's unhealthy and kinda dangerous to be so addicted to a piece of technology like that. I don't want to be that way, so I thought I should back out now before they change anything else.

I have a presence on Google +, but I have next to no info on there, and certainly no photos. It's under the same FB name I used, along with the same picture I had. (a female night elf) I know they're bad as well (the way they spy and collect info on people), but I figure they're the lesser evil, and since it's set up kinda like Facebook, it's a way for friends to keep in touch with me if they wish.
So yeah...just thought I'd let you know, in case you'd noticed my absence and wondered where I'd gone. Smile

I'm so glad this forum exists. You guys were one of the main things I really missed when I left Facebook. Everything else can be worked around or was not important. I love you

Take care, and I hope to see you around on here sometime. flower

Luv,
Tanya. Smile
Feathers
Feathers

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum